Washoe Valley girl dies after crash
April 27, 2013
A Washoe Valley girl died Friday from injuries sustained during a crash Tuesday afternoon on U.S. Highway 395 through Pleasant Valley near Ames Lane.
Heather Brown, 17, was driving a 2003 Dodge sedan when she drove to the left, crossing the center lane and other two lanes before he car struck a tree and then rolled through a right-of-way fence before stopping on its roof, according to the Nevada Highway Patrol.
Brown was transported to the Reno hospital by helicopter where she was declared brain dead Wednesday afternoon. The accident closed the northbound lanes for five hours. The NHP is encouraging anyone with information on the crash to contact the trooper investigating it at 775-689-4623 regarding case NHP-130423030.
Trending In: Local
- Carson High student seeks donations for medical costs
- Sex offender gets 10 years for child porn
- Two top AG’s staffers win reprieve on license status pending July bar exams
- WNC graduates over 500 students, breaking Jump Start program record (photo gallery)
- Arrest made in Carson City Cal-Ranch Store burglary