Welding ignites small vent fire at Ormsby House
August 26, 2003
A small fire that started about 11 a.m. Monday in a vent along the back wall of the Ormsby House was quickly extinguished.
Welders trying to cut out a vent as part of the building’s renovation project ignited lint in the process. The minor fire burned itself out, but not before flames shot out of the vent in the back of the building.
Firefighters from Carson City Fire Department Engine No. 1 responded and soaked the vent area to ensure the fire did not spread, a firefighter at the scene said.
Trending In: Local
- Domestic wells could be regulated during bad drought
- American Indian Movement stops in Carson City during expedition
- Snowboarder dead at Northstar
- Man’s enchantment of exotic wolf breeds often leaves animals at Tahoe overwhelmed, looking to re-home
- Flooding in Northern Nevada in spring called a certainty
- Woman arrested on suspicion of possession of a dangerous drug says Carson City Sheriff’s Office
- Champions! Fallon Lady Wave girls basketball team claims first state championship
- Sex offender gets 10 years for child porn
- Ormsby House sale update, dog ordinance coming before Carson City Board of Supervisors Thursday
- Three candidates apply for open Carson City School Board seat