Welding ignites small vent fire at Ormsby House
August 26, 2003
A small fire that started about 11 a.m. Monday in a vent along the back wall of the Ormsby House was quickly extinguished.
Welders trying to cut out a vent as part of the building’s renovation project ignited lint in the process. The minor fire burned itself out, but not before flames shot out of the vent in the back of the building.
Firefighters from Carson City Fire Department Engine No. 1 responded and soaked the vent area to ensure the fire did not spread, a firefighter at the scene said.