Whittemore and ex-partners settle civil lawsuits
February 8, 2013
RENO (AP) – Nevada developer Harvey Whittemore and his ex-business partners have reached a settlement in their competing civil lawsuits accusing each other of wrongdoing.
Dan Bowen, a lawyer for Whittemore, told the Reno Gazette-Journal on Thursday that terms of the agreement with San Francisco developers Thomas and Albert Seeno Jr. are being kept confidential.
The Seenos had filed a lawsuit accusing the former lobbyist Whittemore of embezzling tens of millions of dollars from Wingfield Nevada Group to support a lavish lifestyle.
Whittemore countered by accusing the Seenos of making death threats against his family and having ties to the Hells Angels.
Whittemore still faces a May 14 trial on federal criminal charges accusing him of using his family and employees to make illegal campaign contributions to Sen. Harry Reid, D-Nev.
Trending In: Local
- Carson City Sheriff’s seeks help in finding missing person
- Carson City Kinkead building finally on list for demolition
- Marijuana legalization hasn’t changed Carson City K-9’s operation
- Emergency mental health center fills need in Carson City
- Lake Tahoe has added 138.65 billion gallons of water since Oct. 1, 2016