Winter storm causing travel delays
December 22, 2012
The winter storm hitting the area has caused numerous accidents throughout the region hindering holiday travel.
The storm is expected to drop from 3 to 6 inches of snow in western Nevada through 1 a.m. Sunday.
Above 5,000 feet, 6 to 12 inches of snow are expected.
The storm is making travel conditions treacherous. Motorists are urged to consider alternative routes and avoid the Sierra passes.
For current road conditions visit http://www.safetravelusa.com/nv/
Trending In: Local
- Flooding in Northern Nevada in spring called a certainty
- Man’s enchantment of exotic wolf breeds often leaves animals at Tahoe overwhelmed, looking to re-home
- Snowboarder dead at Northstar
- Domestic wells could be regulated during bad drought
- American Indian Movement stops in Carson City during expedition
- Woman arrested on suspicion of possession of a dangerous drug says Carson City Sheriff’s Office
- Champions! Fallon Lady Wave girls basketball team claims first state championship
- Sex offender gets 10 years for child porn
- Ormsby House sale update, dog ordinance coming before Carson City Board of Supervisors Thursday
- CCSO advises on flooding mitigation efforts