Winter storm causing travel delays
December 22, 2012
The winter storm hitting the area has caused numerous accidents throughout the region hindering holiday travel.
The storm is expected to drop from 3 to 6 inches of snow in western Nevada through 1 a.m. Sunday.
Above 5,000 feet, 6 to 12 inches of snow are expected.
The storm is making travel conditions treacherous. Motorists are urged to consider alternative routes and avoid the Sierra passes.
For current road conditions visit http://www.safetravelusa.com/nv/
Trending In: Local
- Update: Water receding in Dayton retention pond
- Carson City Curry Street area business deal with flooding
- Dayton residents continue to prepare for flooding after scare
- Carson City Sheriff’s seeks help in finding missing person
- Protesters greet Heller, Amodei at Carson City’s Gold Dust West ahead of ‘Soups On’