Winter storm causing travel delays
December 22, 2012
The winter storm hitting the area has caused numerous accidents throughout the region hindering holiday travel.
The storm is expected to drop from 3 to 6 inches of snow in western Nevada through 1 a.m. Sunday.
Above 5,000 feet, 6 to 12 inches of snow are expected.
The storm is making travel conditions treacherous. Motorists are urged to consider alternative routes and avoid the Sierra passes.
For current road conditions visit http://www.safetravelusa.com/nv/
Trending In: Local
- Lake Tahoe water managers may have to ‘spill’ water
- Flooding in Northern Nevada in spring called a certainty
- Man’s enchantment of exotic wolf breeds often leaves animals at Tahoe overwhelmed, looking to re-home
- Update: Water receding in Dayton retention pond
- Douglas County Sheriff’s Office seeks information into battery thefts