WNC grad honored at USO Europe Service Salute
November 4, 2012
Shannon E. White is one of 12 service members who were recognized during the 20th annual United Service Organization’s Europe Service Salute on Oct. 19 at Ramstein Air Base in Germany.
The Salute honored junior enlisted personnel representing U.S. and German armed forces for their outstanding military and community achievements.
White is a resident of Dayton and a 2008 graduate of Western Nevada College with an associate of applied science degree in computer networking. He made the dean’s list several times while completing his degree.
A senior airman in the 603rd Air @ Space Squadron of the U.S. Air Forces Europe, White was among seven members of the United States Armed Forces honored. Five other honorees were from the Germany military. The salute recognizes men and women from both countries, reaffirming the partnership between the armed forces of each nation.
Trending In: Local
- Carson City Sheriff’s seeks help in finding missing person
- Marijuana legalization hasn’t changed Carson City K-9’s operation
- Emergency mental health center fills need in Carson City
- Carson City Kinkead building finally on list for demolition
- Lake Tahoe has added 138.65 billion gallons of water since Oct. 1, 2016