Woman accused of burning down mother’s house
June 24, 2003
A Silver Springs woman is accused of setting fire to her mother’s home.
Angela Vanessa Salvo, 25, is in Lyon County jail facing a first-degree arson charge in a June 18 fire which destroyed her mother’s double-wide mobile home, according to Central Lyon County Fire District spokeswoman Mary Ellen Holly.
Homeowner Debbie Salvo and her 14-year-old daughter were not at home when the fire started.
According to Holly, the home at 2929 Truckee was completely ablaze when neighbors dialed 911.
Firefighters battled the blaze for more than five hours, protecting neighboring homes. The Salvo home and its contents were destroyed in the fire.
Fire and arson investigators determined an area of origin for the fire and that no flammable liquids were used.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Local
- Man with anchor tied around legs 1 of 2 bodies recovered from Fallen Leaf Lake
- Carson City and Dayton communities come together after rollover injures seven students
- 15 set to graduate from Carson City Regional Fire Academy
- Helicopter delivers math, science lesson at Eagle Valley Middle School in Carson City
- Carson City receives an inch of rain overnight