Woman arrested in Gardnerville slaying
December 2, 2013
A 29-year-old Gardnerville woman is being held on suspicion of murder after a shooting on Toler Lane, the second fatal Carson Valley shooting in 11 days.
Nicole Christine Followill was booked into the Douglas County Jail without bail, according to Douglas County Sgt. Pat Brooks. The incident happened at 11:20 a.m. Monday.
The slain man was Followill's roommate, a man in his late 20s whose identity has yet to be released.
A neighbor said she heard arguing and a gunshot. The incident was related to a domestic dispute, Sheriff Ron Pierini said.
Furniture and clothing were on the front lawn of the property when deputies arrived. The body was lying in the home's entryway.
On Nov. 21, an 81-year-old Fish Springs man allegedly shot and killed a woman who was caring for him.
Melvin Oneal Norlund appeared in justice court last week; he's facing charges of shooting Catherine Mary Costanza. He told the judge that the shooting was accidental. He is being held with bail set at $1 million.
Trending In: Local
- Carson City Curry Street area business deal with flooding
- Dayton residents continue to prepare for flooding after scare
- Protesters greet Heller, Amodei at Carson City’s Gold Dust West ahead of ‘Soups On’
- Update: Water receding in Dayton retention pond
- Carson City Sheriff’s seeks help in finding missing person