Woman killed in alleged hit-and-run on Highway 50 East identified
March 19, 2013
The27-year-old Carson City woman hit and killed Sunday night while attempting to cross U.S. Highway 50, east of Airport Road, has been identified as Celeste Santens.
Santens was hit by a black 1999 Ford Expedition allegedly driven by 48-year-old Cynthia Munroe of Dayton. Munroe allegedly fled and was arrested shortly afterward in Dayton, according to the Nevada Highway Patrol.
She was arrested on suspicion of leaving the scene of an accident causing injury or death and driving on a suspended driver’s license. Her bail was $10,000, bondable, and she posted it early Monday afternoon, according to NHP.
Santens attempted to walk across the four-lane highway, on the eastbound side, about 11 p.m. before she was hit. Munroe submitted to a blood draw.
Anyone with information is asked to contact Trooper Doug Hildebrand at 775-689-4623.
Trending In: Local
- Carson City Sheriff’s seeks help in finding missing person
- Carson City Kinkead building finally on list for demolition
- Marijuana legalization hasn’t changed Carson City K-9’s operation
- Emergency mental health center fills need in Carson City
- Lake Tahoe has added 138.65 billion gallons of water since Oct. 1, 2016