Woman killed in Sunday crash ID’d
June 25, 2013
A Carson City woman killed early Sunday morning in a collision on U.S. Highway 50 has been identified as 26-year-old Sierra Grace Woodward.
Woodward was a passenger in a Nissan Altima that entered the westbound lanes going the wrong way. The driver, Jason W. Cloutier, 34, of Carson City, was flown to Renown Regional Medical Center with critical injuries. Alcohol use is thought to have played a role in the crash.
The Nissan ran into a white Ford Taurus that caught fire, killing the other driver, whose identity has yet to be released.
The crash was reported about 3:28 a.m. just west of Dump Hill in Carson City. All lanes of Highway 50 were closed for about five hours.
Woodward was an Oakland native and mother who attended Carson High School and Western Nevada College, according to her Facebook page.
Trooper Chris Kelly of the Nevada Highway Patrol’s Major Accident Investigation Team is investigating. Anyone with information is asked to contact him at 775-689-4661 or firstname.lastname@example.org regarding case NHP-130602135.
Trending In: Local
- Carson City Sheriff’s seeks help in finding missing person
- Carson City Kinkead building finally on list for demolition
- Marijuana legalization hasn’t changed Carson City K-9’s operation
- Emergency mental health center fills need in Carson City
- Lake Tahoe has added 138.65 billion gallons of water since Oct. 1, 2016