Workshop explores divine mysticism
February 1, 2014
St. Peter’s Episcopal Church will host Dr. Marcus Borg, who will lead a workshop that explores the meaning of mysticism as an experience of God, from 8:30 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. Feb. 22 at First United Methodist Church. Borg will give a free introductory talk from 7-8:30 p.m. Feb. 21 at St. Teresa of Avila Catholic Church, 3000 N. Lompa Lane.
The workshop focuses on mysticism in the Bible and Christianity. Borg is a Biblical scholar who held the Hundere chair of religion and culture in the philosophy department at Oregon State University until his retirement in 2007. He recently retired from his position as Canon theologian at Trinity Episcopal Cathedral in Portland, Ore. He wrote 20 books, including “Meeting Jesus Again for the First Time.”
For registration forms postmarked before Feb. 7, the workshop costs $75, which includes a continental breakfast and lunch. Registration after Feb. 7 costs $100. Forms are available at stpeterscarsoncity.org.
For more information, call the Rev. Kim Morgan at 775-883-1681 or send an email to email@example.com.
Trending In: Local
- Carson City Sheriff’s seeks help in finding missing person
- Marijuana legalization hasn’t changed Carson City K-9’s operation
- Emergency mental health center fills need in Carson City
- Carson City Kinkead building finally on list for demolition
- Lake Tahoe has added 138.65 billion gallons of water since Oct. 1, 2016