Wrapping up Christmas
December 19, 2013
Rainbow Girls Carson Assembly #7 is partnering with the Carson Mall once again to provide gift wrapping to holiday shoppers as its 35th annual fundraiser.
“This is our biggest fundraiser of the year,” said Madisson Jacobs, 14, who is in charge of this year’s event.
The girls, ages 11-20, will be inside the mall in a store front between Bridger Mountain and Sierra Gifts from 10 a.m.- 6 p.m. daily through Christmas Eve, 10 a.m.-1 p.m. on Christmas Eve. Donations are accepted in return for the wrapped gifts.
Jacobs said some people drop of their gifts then grab a bite to eat, while others wait while they’re wrapped.
“They bring in from one to 20,” she said. “It’s steady.”
While it’s constant work, she said, it’s also enjoyable.
“It’s definitely a lot of fun,” she said. “You get to make memories with your Rainbow friends.”
Money raised will be used to support the group’s annual service projects, which have included supporting the Salvation Army, Carson City Animal Services and Alzheimer’s organizations.
Proceeds will also cover travel throughout the state for members to attend leadership conferences for the Rainbow Girls, a Masonic youth service organization.
Trending In: Local
- Carson City Sheriff’s seeks help in finding missing person
- Carson City Kinkead building finally on list for demolition
- Lake Tahoe has added 138.65 billion gallons of water since Oct. 1, 2016
- Open house at historic Carson City site to honor Native American heritage
- Marijuana legalization hasn’t changed Carson City K-9’s operation