Our beloved Shalene lost her battle with cancer on March 3, 2014. She fought so hard to stay with her daughters, Annika and Lauren. She loved nothing more than being called “Mommy” by these 2 special girls. They were the joy of her life. Shalene is also survived by her mother, Toni Hanson and siblings Jon Hanson and Yvette Salinas all of Spanaway, WA as well as numerous other family members. She is preceded in death by her father, David Hanson. Shalene loved the outdoors, especially horseback riding and skiing. She found the passion of her life with Douglas Co. Search and Rescue. These people were like a second family to her. She so loved being able to help people. The family wants to thank each of you who helped Shalene during this long illness. The list is very long. She loved and appreciated each of you. Each act of kindness helped to ease her pain. We want to give a special thanks to Mike and Tatiana for allowing Shalene to rest at their beautiful ranch. It was her refuge when things got to hard to handle. She spent many wonderful hours recouping under the trees. Memorial Service will be held at 1 PM, Saturday March 8th at Hilltop Community Church, 3588 Romans Rd, in Carson City. Contributions in Shalene’s name may be made to the Douglas County Search and Rescue or Susan B Komen Foundation.
DIANE SHALENE HILLBRICK
- Nevada Legislature: Public employees protest bill to change PERS
- Nevada Legislature: Wheeler, Knecht roll out budget plan with no tax hikes
- Carson City Sheriff's Log: Man arrested on suspicion of sexual assault with a minor
- Michael Hohl Subaru 'shares the love' with Boys & Girls Clubs of Western Nevada
- Restoring historic Stewart Indian School a priority for lawmakers