Richard King passed away peacefully in his sleep on March 21st at the age of 87. He is survived by daughters, Kelly and Kendall; granddaughter Jessie; and great granddaughter Sarah. He was preceded in death by his wife (Jane) and brother (Allen). He was born in California and spent the majority of his life in the Reno and Carson City area. He and Jane also enjoyed spending time in Graeagle. Dick entered the Navy after high school and later sold insurance, spent some time in State Service at DMV and the Controllers’ Office and then became owner/operator of a Pepperidge Farm Food Distributorship Franchise. He was an avid skier and spent many years in the Carson Jr. Ski Program. He also loved to golf, fish and camp and enjoyed being with friends and meeting people. He and Jane loved to dance in their earlier years and when witnessed, it was striking. He recently participated in the Reno Honor Flight to visit the Memorials in Washington, D.C. and was deeply touched by the experience. He enjoyed a good life and will be missed by many. There will be no service per his request.
- Carson City boxing program brings benefits to those with Parkinson's disease clients (video)
- Senator Square: Carson High School celebrates homecoming week
- Vintage at Kings Canyon comes before Planning Commission Thursday
- Carson City road report for Sept. 26-Oct. 2
- CHS gets early start on Homecoming week