Richard King passed away peacefully in his sleep on March 21st at the age of 87. He is survived by daughters, Kelly and Kendall; granddaughter Jessie; and great granddaughter Sarah. He was preceded in death by his wife (Jane) and brother (Allen). He was born in California and spent the majority of his life in the Reno and Carson City area. He and Jane also enjoyed spending time in Graeagle. Dick entered the Navy after high school and later sold insurance, spent some time in State Service at DMV and the Controllers’ Office and then became owner/operator of a Pepperidge Farm Food Distributorship Franchise. He was an avid skier and spent many years in the Carson Jr. Ski Program. He also loved to golf, fish and camp and enjoyed being with friends and meeting people. He and Jane loved to dance in their earlier years and when witnessed, it was striking. He recently participated in the Reno Honor Flight to visit the Memorials in Washington, D.C. and was deeply touched by the experience. He enjoyed a good life and will be missed by many. There will be no service per his request.
- Northern Nevada Correctional Center inmates helping grow sagebrush to restore grouse habitat
- Proposed Carson City development to be scaled back
- Carson City Sheriff's budget more than $18.4 million
- Carson City Assemblyman P.K. O'Neill doesn't attend GOP meeting to defend tax vote
- Pine Nut Wild Horse Advocates try to shrink size of mustang herd