ABOVE: Four-and-a-half year old Luke Rivers of Reno attempts to dunk Miss Nevada 2013 Diana Sweeney, originally of Mound House, at the chili cookoff at Glen Eagles on Saturday. TOP RIGHT: Terri Mellon of Reno takes a sample from Dione Cooley of ‘Reno’s Red Hot Mama’ chili on Saturday at Glen Eagles. BOTTOM RIGHT: Vanita Grau of Blue Star Mom’s Chapter 2 sells tickets on Saturday at the chili cookoff at Glen Eagles in Carson.
chili for honor
- Cell phone or gun? Officers make split second decisions on whether to shoot suspects
- Dayton man killed in Mono bicycle crash
- Wreck closes southbound Highway 395 at Mica Drive
- Autism breakthrough: Carson City man develops live animation program to help children with autism
- 4 inmates hurt in prison brawl where officer shot pellet gun