ABOVE: Four-and-a-half year old Luke Rivers of Reno attempts to dunk Miss Nevada 2013 Diana Sweeney, originally of Mound House, at the chili cookoff at Glen Eagles on Saturday. TOP RIGHT: Terri Mellon of Reno takes a sample from Dione Cooley of ‘Reno’s Red Hot Mama’ chili on Saturday at Glen Eagles. BOTTOM RIGHT: Vanita Grau of Blue Star Mom’s Chapter 2 sells tickets on Saturday at the chili cookoff at Glen Eagles in Carson.
chili for honor
- Assemblyman Richard Carrillo arrested on suspicion of DUI
- Boys and Girls Clubs of Western Nevada youth of year named for her resilience, determination
- Carson City breaks ground on $8.3 million multi-purpose athletic center (MAC) (with video)
- Two Carson City businesses cited for selling alcohol to minors
- Reynolds, Carson City’s WNC wrap up sweep