NORMA FURNAL (SACKETT), Carson City, NV/Auburn, NY, passed away peacefully on November 14th in Carson City, Nevada. She was born on January 20, 1931 in West Bloomfield, NY to Joseph and Beatrice Sackett. She is survived by her partner of 40 years, Michael Perna, her children, Bradley (Gloria) Furnal, Richard (Terry) Furnal, Ann (Scott) Hess, Debbie (Bob) Ryan and David (Audrana) Furnal, Her brother Bernard (Gay) Sackett, 10 grandchildren, 17 great grandchildren, and many nieces and nephews.Norma worked as a bookkeeper for P & C Food Markets in Auburn, NY. She moved to Carson City in 1978, worked for the Chamber of Commerce and volunteered as a tax preparer for the Senior Center until she retired in 1997. She enjoyed spoiling her cats, gardening, cooking, decorating and dancing.A private family service was held at the Merton Kays Funeral Home in Honeoye Falls, NY.
Norma Furnal (Sackett)
- State pulls teens from Rite of Passage-Silver State Academy after riot
- Carson City’s Empire Ranch files for bankruptcy, course doing better
- Nevada Legislature: PERS ‘hybrid’ plan supported, criticized
- Gov. Brian Sandoval signs school bond rollover measure
- Access to Carson City Community Center, aquatic facility limited