Wallace E. Brown, 88, of Reno passed away January 10, 2014 at Regent Care Center of Reno. Wallace graduated from Reno High School, served his country in the United States Navy, and worked for Bell Telephone Company as a civil engineer for over 35 years. He was an avid skier and loved ice cream and driving a new car. Wallace was a Shriner and long time member of the Masonic Lodge. He is survived by his daughters Tamye Landis and Sharon Brown, extended family; Pamela Young, Dale Brown, Bonnie Pugh, and Terri Harris. He is preceded in death by his wife of 52 years, Barbara, a son Edwin Kirby and his parents Wesley and M. Bell Brown. No services are planned per his wishes.
- The Popcorn Stand: Leave wild horses alone
- Carson City 11s strike out Truckee for win
- Orphaned Tahoe bear cubs flourish at Reno rescue
- Carson City group working to keep Andersen Ranch undeveloped
- Carson City Sheriff's Office: Man arrested for defecating in public; another man arrested on felony robbery charges