Douglas C. Osgood
April 10, 2017
July 6, 1932 ~ March 22, 2017
LCMDR Douglas C. Osgood USN (Ret.) died 22 March 2017 in Dayton, OH, age 84.
Doug was born 6 July 1932 to Henry and Margarite (DeBraga) Osgood in Fallon, NV and graduated from Churchill County High School in 1950.
He enlisted in the U.S. Navy in 1951 and graduated from the U.S. Naval Academy, Class of 1956.
He was preceded in death by his parents, son Michael, and daughter-in-law Rebecca.
He is survived by his wife of 60 years, Ann and by son Paul, daughters Patrice (Jay) Schwemer, Therese (Tom) Glass, daughter-in-law Becky and sister JoEllen (Larry) Tianen, as well as 10 grandchildren, 9 great-grandchildren and numerous nieces, nephews and cousins.
A memorial donation may be made to the Churchill County Museum
Trending In: Obituaries
- Man with anchor tied around legs 1 of 2 bodies recovered from Fallen Leaf Lake
- Carson City and Dayton communities come together after rollover injures seven students
- 15 set to graduate from Carson City Regional Fire Academy
- Nevada’s public retirement system unfunded liability falls again
- Helicopter delivers math, science lesson at Eagle Valley Middle School in Carson City