Katherine A. Miltenberger
March 12, 2014
Katherine Miltenberger died at the age of 96 years on March 4, 2014. She was born in the rural North Carolina where she lived until she married William T. Miltenberger in 1938. Katherine and Bill traveled and worked from Florida to New York during the early years of their marriage. In 1943 they moved west and later opened a florist shop and managed greenhouses in Kelso, Washington. In 1958 they moved to Fallon, Nevada so her husband could pursue his interest in mining. Katherine was known for her creative talent in floral design including the design of floats for the Portland Rose Parade. Katherine was a hard working, independent, and compassionate woman. She enjoyed Sunday drives through the mountains as well as the desert landscape. She loved visiting with family especially her Grandchildren and made the best chocolate chip cookies ever!
Her 9 brothers and sisters and her husband William preceded Katherine in death. She is survived by her three children; sons Bill (Karen) of Palm Desert, CA and Harry Douglas (Sandra) of Las Vegas, NV; and daughter Patricia (Robert Edgington) of Sparks, NV. She had 7 grandchildren, 18 great grandchildren, and 2 great great grandchildren. She was an amazing presence for her family and will be deeply missed.
Trending In: Obituaries
- Nevada’s public retirement system unfunded liability falls again
- Man with anchor tied around legs 1 of 2 bodies recovered from Fallen Leaf Lake
- Gardnerville woman held on 11 felonies, according to Carson City Sheriff’s Office
- New tattoo parlor holding opening party Saturday
- 15 set to graduate from Carson City Regional Fire Academy