Patricia C. Shade
September 14, 2016
Nov 07, 1943 – Sep 06, 2016
Patricia Carol Hicks (Shade), born on Nov 7, 1943, in Longview, WA. She grew up in Gastonia, NC and graduated from high school there, in 1962. In 1975, she married her husband, LeRoy Shade on Nov 11, 1976. She worked for the
Department of Taxation as a mailroom clerk, where she retired in 2006. Pat's passion was helping others and she would go out of her way to help a friend in need, or a stranger on the street. She was an active member of the
First Baptist Church and loved to make floral arrangements for church services. Most of all she loved her family and friends. Pat was preceded in death by her mother Aladean Reynolds, her father, Anderson Hicks, and husband, LeRoy Shade. She is survived by her daughter, Maryanna Shade, stepdaughter, Debra Nafus, stepson, Dana Nafus and grandchildren, Kyle Moyer, Rochelle Larsen, Robert Colin and Ryan Colin.
A Memorial Service will be held Sept. 17th at 2p.m at the First Baptist Church in Carson City.
In lieu of flowers, the family asks that donations be made to the Parkinson's Disease Foundation: http://www.pdf.org/
Trending In: Obituaries
- Carson High School senior makes supporting classmates and kids a priority
- ‘I just didn’t know how else to say ‘thank you’
- Dennis Hof says Bunny Ranch looking into sex-bots
- Homeland Security funding formula doesn’t recognize Vegas’s real population
- SlotWorld Casino in Carson City closing Sunday for remodel