Velma Leona Bunch
November 8, 2016
July 31, 1926 ~ November 4, 2016
Velma Leona Bunch, a longtime resident of Carson City for almost 60 years, passed peacefully in her sleep Friday, November 4, 2016.
Velma, who was born and raised in Detroit, Michigan, ventured out west where she met and married Jesse Merle Bunch, who was a Nevada State Building Contractor.
Velma was a devoted and loving wife, mother, grandmother, and great-grandmother. Her love of her family was only surpassed by her love for her Lord and Saviour with whom she now resides.
Velma was a resident at Sierra Place Assisted Living in Carson City, where she made many acquaintances and enjoyed her last few years.
She is preceded in death by her husband, Jesse Merle Bunch, her mother Ida Corrine Beach, brother Edsel Arthur Beach, and grandson Ryan Edsel Bunch.
Among her survivors are her sister Mary Ida Ruth McMahon, her children Chester E. Bunch (Lona), Merlene R. Alt, Galen L. Bunch, Jon L . Bunch (Beth), Clinton M. Bunch (Zeanna), and numerous grandchildren, great-grandchildren,
nieces, nephews and cousins. She will be greatly missed by her family and many friends.
Service will be held at Walton's Chapel of the Valley in Carson City, Friday, November 11, 2016 at 10:00am. Interment to follow at Eastside Memorial Park in Minden.
Trending In: Obituaries
- Gardnerville woman held on 11 felonies, according to Carson City Sheriff’s Office
- New tattoo parlor holding opening party Saturday
- Nevada’s public retirement system unfunded liability falls again
- Today: Yogurt Beach hosting fundraiser for Carson City, Dayton families of teens in rollover
- Man with anchor tied around legs 1 of 2 bodies recovered from Fallen Leaf Lake