In 10 days, the political games of 2014 begin when filing opens for local and statewide offices. Unless a bone-rattling revelation involving a candidate occurs, this year should be definitely quieter than the last two election years, 2010 and 2012. Attendee at Saturday’s Lincoln Day dinner were treated to a lineup of Republican office seekers, specifically those running for the constitutional office such as secretary of state, treasurer, lieutenant governor, etc. Although the 2016 election is months away, Bob Beers, a Las Vegas councilman who previously served in the Nevada Senate and Assembly, rallied the troops by reaffirming his intention …
GOP contenders converge in Churchill County
Trending in: Opinion
- Bo Statham: State can’t rely on just gaming for tax money
- Letters to the editor for Saturday, March 8, 2014
- Cheers & Kudos: Thanks to businesses from Fremont school
- Cheers & Kudos: Thanks for offering foreign film weekend
- Silver Dollars and Wooden Nickels: Where’s that ‘respectable’ Democratic candidate?