Competition and fun are the main attractions for Grad Nite’s latest fundraiser. And a few muscles. Grad Nite volunteers led by 2009 Fallon grad Callie Black lift off with the “Battle of the Bench” at 6 p.m. Thursday at the Elmo Dericco Gym at Churchill County High School. Cost is $10 per individual and registration is currently ongoing at www.fallongreenwave.com. Black said participants can also register at 5:30 p.m. Thursday at the gym. Sandwiches, chili, snacks, water and prizes will be provided to participants and winners. “It’s going really well,” Black said. “It’s for people of all abilities. It’s not …
‘Battle of the Bench’ lifts off
Trending in: Opinion
- Guy W. Farmer: Some ambassadors aren’t worthy of their important duty
- Silver Dollars and Wooden Nickels: Where’s that ‘respectable’ Democratic candidate?
- Bo Statham: State can’t rely on just gaming for tax money
- Letters to the editor for Sunday, March 9, 2014
- Scene in Passing: Money talks; eyeball-to-eyeball counts