A new study may have found that Nevada leads the nation in development of geothermal projects, but the study also shows that the industry faces problems in the state for a while. The Geothermal Energy Association last week reported that 75 geothermal projects are under development across Nevada, more than double the 33 under development in second-place California. But even industry officials have tempered their optimism about geothermal’s near-term future in the state. For starters, a vast majority of the geothermal projects identified by the industry association in Nevada are in the earliest stages of development. Nearly 39 percent of …
Nevada leads nation in geothermal activity, but problems loom
Trending in: Opinion
- Bo Statham: State can’t rely on just gaming for tax money
- Letters to the editor for Saturday, March 8, 2014
- Cheers & Kudos: Thanks to businesses from Fremont school
- Cheers & Kudos: Thanks for offering foreign film weekend
- Silver Dollars and Wooden Nickels: Where’s that ‘respectable’ Democratic candidate?