After racist comments, Scalia must recuse self The U.S. Supreme Court has been hearing oral arguments brought by nine states and numerous counties seeking the nullification or significant changes to Section 5 of the Voting Rights Act. During the proceeding, Supreme Court Justice Antonin Scalia made what I believe to be racist statements and inappropriate comments regarding the functioning of the U.S. Congress. Justice Scalia should recuse himself from participating in this case. Based on his courtroom statements, it would seem Justice Scalia is predisposed, biased and in my judgment would be unable to give a fair verdict and decision …
Letters to the editor March 14
Trending in: Opinion
- Guy W. Farmer: Some ambassadors aren’t worthy of their important duty
- Bo Statham: State can’t rely on just gaming for tax money
- Silver Dollars and Wooden Nickels: Where’s that ‘respectable’ Democratic candidate?
- Letters to the editor for Sunday, March 9, 2014
- Letters to the editor for Saturday, March 8, 2014