Sports fodder for a Friday morning . . . Nevada Wolf Pack coach David Carter dropped a hint about the immediate future of his basketball team this week before leaving for the Mountain West tournament. Carter is seriously toying with the idea of starting three point guards (Deonte Burton, Marqueze Coleman and UTEP transfer Michael Perez). The idea of starting three guards under 6-foot-4 is intriguing. Coleman clearly deserves more minutes and Perez, a former UTEP starter, could be the newcomer of the year in the conference. But it doesn’t solve the Pack’s biggest problem: rebounding, toughness and defending the …
FRIDAY FODDER: Pack’s lineup must change next season to compete
Trending in: Opinion
- Guy W. Farmer: Some ambassadors aren’t worthy of their important duty
- Silver Dollars and Wooden Nickels: Where’s that ‘respectable’ Democratic candidate?
- Letters to the editor for Sunday, March 9, 2014
- Bo Statham: State can’t rely on just gaming for tax money
- Scene in Passing: Money talks; eyeball-to-eyeball counts