One of the great things about Nevada is that we only allow our elected state legislators to convene once every two years, and only for 120 days. By minimizing the time these folks are allowed to “help” us in Carson City, we minimize the amount of damage they can do. Yet despite such a relatively short window of opportunity for legislative mayhem; and despite the myriad problems — serious problems — facing our state, some of these people still find ways to waste everyone’s time and insult our intelligence with ridiculous bills often designed to empower government, weaken civil liberties …
And the ‘Stuck on Stupid Award’ nominees are…
Trending in: Opinion
- Guy W. Farmer: Some ambassadors aren’t worthy of their important duty
- Silver Dollars and Wooden Nickels: Where’s that ‘respectable’ Democratic candidate?
- Bo Statham: State can’t rely on just gaming for tax money
- Letters to the editor for Sunday, March 9, 2014
- Scene in Passing: Money talks; eyeball-to-eyeball counts