Something simply does not seem right. Do you feel the tension and angst that is permeating our lives? For example, families and groups of school children plan for months on trips to our nation’s capital, Washington, D.C. On everyone’s list of “what to see” is the White House. It is unconscionable and seems so mean-spirited to suspend tours of America’s house, the most prestigious address in the world, just as spring breaks and summer vacations are about to begin. Following that announcement came the one that delays the opening of Yosemite National Park. Why do this to the taxpaying public …
Choices and priorities skewed?
Trending in: Opinion
- Silver Dollars and Wooden Nickels: Where’s that ‘respectable’ Democratic candidate?
- Guy W. Farmer: Some ambassadors aren’t worthy of their important duty
- Letters to the editor for Sunday, March 9, 2014
- Bo Statham: State can’t rely on just gaming for tax money
- Scene in Passing: Money talks; eyeball-to-eyeball counts