Something simply does not seem right. Do you feel the tension and angst that is permeating our lives? For example, families and groups of school children plan for months on trips to our nation’s capital, Washington, D.C. On everyone’s list of “what to see” is the White House. It is unconscionable and seems so mean-spirited to suspend tours of America’s house, the most prestigious address in the world, just as spring breaks and summer vacations are about to begin. Following that announcement came the one that delays the opening of Yosemite National Park. Why do this to the taxpaying public …
Choices and priorities skewed?
Trending in: Opinion
- Sam Bauman: Skiing is done; now it’s time to hike the hills
- Letters to the editor for Tuesday, April 15, 2014
- Letters to the editor for Sunday, April 13, 2014
- Nice houses in perilous places
- Silver Dollars and Wooden Nickels: Dini served state well for decades