Rep. Mark Amodei, R-Nev., has introduced four lands bills he says will spur economic development in Fernley, Fallon, Storey County and Carlin. The Fernley measure would allow that city to purchase up to 9,114 acres of BLM property within the city at fair market value. The land could be used for multi-use development. His Fallon Naval Air Station Housing and Safety Act would transfer 400 acres of BLM property inside the air station to the Secretary of the Navy. That would provide space for 200 homes for navy families. He said BLM made the request 20 plus years ago but …
Amodei introduces land bills to spur economic development
Trending in: Opinion
- Guy W. Farmer: Some ambassadors aren’t worthy of their important duty
- Bo Statham: State can’t rely on just gaming for tax money
- Silver Dollars and Wooden Nickels: Where’s that ‘respectable’ Democratic candidate?
- Letters to the editor for Sunday, March 9, 2014
- Letters to the editor for Saturday, March 8, 2014