A non-seizure solution: Move horses to Brunswick Canyon I am still grieving the loss of the 11 horses off Deer Run. I have watched that group grow since 2003 with the first mustang that came down my street looking for mares. These horses graced the hillside with their new foals each year and we got to watch them. How cool is that! The BLM field director Leon Thomas deemed them “problem horses” and a public safety hazard. He told me he had some (which I believe were) obscure complaints from people walking the Carson River Park. I cannot believe that …
Trending in: Opinion
- Bo Statham: State can’t rely on just gaming for tax money
- Letters to the editor for Saturday, March 8, 2014
- Chuck Muth: School’s story blows union’s claims to bits
- Letters to the editor for Friday, March 7, 2014
- Can Obama handle a foreign crisis?