The Churchill Arts Council’s spring film series, “Strange Women: Sci-Fi Classics” begins tonight at the Art Center. Springing from one interpretation of the Mayan Apocalypse — that the world wasn’t really going to end, but rather would see a rise of the importance of women and the feminine — throughout the galaxy, the series will present four films whose main protagonists are women, from the far distant past to the future. Drawing upon the then current special effects techniques of the 1950s and early 1960s the film are also unintentionally humorous. Two films will be shown tonight in homage to …
Sci-Fi film series begins spring run tonight
Trending in: Opinion
- Bo Statham: State can’t rely on just gaming for tax money
- Letters to the editor for Saturday, March 8, 2014
- Cheers & Kudos: Thanks to businesses from Fremont school
- Cheers & Kudos: Thanks for offering foreign film weekend
- Silver Dollars and Wooden Nickels: Where’s that ‘respectable’ Democratic candidate?