Northern Nevada manufacturers say education, education, education much as real estate agents say location, location, location. That education-and-training message was trumpeted when a panel of area manufacturers and the moderator made it the centerpiece of their dialogue Wednesday. They did so at a breakfast meeting of Nevada Business Connections, a private economic development organization, in the Gold Dust West Casino. “The biggest challenge for us is an educated work force,” said Ralph Johnson of Carson City’s EZE-LAP Diamond Products. The firm, which makes blade-sharpening devices, has 16 employees on Arrowhead Drive and boasts double-digit growth in recent years, Johnson said. …
Carson-area manufacturers, including Click Bond’s Collie Hutter, say education key to development
Trending in: Opinion
- Guy W. Farmer: Some ambassadors aren’t worthy of their important duty
- Bo Statham: State can’t rely on just gaming for tax money
- Silver Dollars and Wooden Nickels: Where’s that ‘respectable’ Democratic candidate?
- Letters to the editor for Sunday, March 9, 2014
- Brian Sandford: Got a breaking-news tip? Here’s how to share it