Don’t punish law-abiding citizens for others’ crimes It looks as if some states and public officials think gun registration, gun bans and magazine restrictions would stop school mass shootings and new laws are needed. It doesn’t take much study to find that these school shootings were by people with serious mental problems. For some reason, these ill people are not identified and reported. Why not? Current law says these ill people can’t have guns. Why do some of our public officials so quickly turn their sights on the law abiding citizen with restrictive gun laws? Maybe it is to look …
Letters to the editor March 27
Trending in: Opinion
- Guy W. Farmer: Some ambassadors aren’t worthy of their important duty
- Silver Dollars and Wooden Nickels: Where’s that ‘respectable’ Democratic candidate?
- Letters to the editor for Sunday, March 9, 2014
- Bo Statham: State can’t rely on just gaming for tax money
- Scene in Passing: Money talks; eyeball-to-eyeball counts