130 Years Ago Another plaster cast of a human form has been taken from the mould left in the ashes at Pompeii and shows a man seated at an onyx table, his hand under the projecting leaf reaching for a cold deck of cards on a little ledge. The archeologist brings up from the past evidence of a civilization which reigned in the olden days equal in all respect to our own Carson times ... 120 Years Ago Haskell, the Shirt Fiend, creates dissatisfaction by failing to show up during the session. Many shirt fronts were spoiled during that time. …
Carson City Past Pages for Tuesday, March 26
Trending in: Opinion
- Guy W. Farmer: Some ambassadors aren’t worthy of their important duty
- Bo Statham: State can’t rely on just gaming for tax money
- Silver Dollars and Wooden Nickels: Where’s that ‘respectable’ Democratic candidate?
- Letters to the editor for Sunday, March 9, 2014
- Brian Sandford: Got a breaking-news tip? Here’s how to share it