Freshman Steven Earl, 14, had to wear a uniform last year at Eagle Valley Middle School. He wasn’t a fan. “We burned them out at Lahontan over the summer in a huge bonfire,” he said. The proposal to implement a similar standard student attire next year at Carson High School has not been welcomed. Earl joined dozens of fellow students Thursday in signing a petition opposing the idea. “Uniforms, no expression. That’s it,” he said. Junior Rebecca Matley created the petition and is circulating it among students during the lunch break. Dressed in zany attire to draw attention to freedom …
Carson High students sign petition to oppose school uniforms
Trending in: Opinion
- Guy W. Farmer: Some ambassadors aren’t worthy of their important duty
- Silver Dollars and Wooden Nickels: Where’s that ‘respectable’ Democratic candidate?
- Bo Statham: State can’t rely on just gaming for tax money
- Letters to the editor for Sunday, March 9, 2014
- Scene in Passing: Money talks; eyeball-to-eyeball counts