The long ball, as well as the double, yet again proved to be valuable weapons for the University of Nevada softball team, as it won twice on Sunday to close out the Wolf Pack Classic at Hixson Park in Reno. Nevada beat Idaho State 6-5 in its first game and earned its second run-rule victory over Santa Clara in as many days immediately after, beating the Broncos 10-2 in six innings. On Saturday, Nevada dropped Santa Clara, 10-0, and lost to Idaho State, 6-4. On Sunday, though, the Wolf Pack trailed 5-1 in the bottom of the fifth when Megan …
Parsons, Pack take 3 of 4
Trending in: Opinion
- Guy W. Farmer: Some ambassadors aren’t worthy of their important duty
- Bo Statham: State can’t rely on just gaming for tax money
- Silver Dollars and Wooden Nickels: Where’s that ‘respectable’ Democratic candidate?
- Letters to the editor for Sunday, March 9, 2014
- Brian Sandford: Got a breaking-news tip? Here’s how to share it