The University of Nevada baseball team split a Mountain West doubleheader on Sunday at New Mexico. The Wolf Pack (14-10, 3-3) came from behind to defeat the Lobos (11-12, 4-2), 3-2, before a comeback in the second game fell short as the Lobos held on a for a 7-5 win. Kewby Meyer was 3-for-9 with a run scored on the day, while Austin Byler was 2-for-9 with two RBIs. Nevada started the scoring in game one after Brooks Klein singled home Scott Kaplan, who reached on a walk. New Mexico tied the game in the fifth when Allbatron scored on …
Nevada stumbles against Lobos
Trending in: Opinion
- Guy W. Farmer: Some ambassadors aren’t worthy of their important duty
- Silver Dollars and Wooden Nickels: Where’s that ‘respectable’ Democratic candidate?
- Letters to the editor for Sunday, March 9, 2014
- Bo Statham: State can’t rely on just gaming for tax money
- Letters to the editor for Tuesday, March 11, 2014