“Labor is the United States. The men and women, who with their minds, their hearts and hands, create the wealth that is shared in this country—they are America.” Proposed party platform planks: Strengthen and improve the ... effectiveness of the unemployment insurance system. Assure equal pay for equal work regardless of sex. Extend the protection of the Federal minimum wage laws. Continue to fight for the elimination of discrimination in employment because of race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry or sex. ...protect more effectively the rights of labor unions, management, the individual worker, and the public. Federal assistance for construction …
Back to the future, again
Trending in: Opinion
- Guy W. Farmer: Some ambassadors aren’t worthy of their important duty
- Silver Dollars and Wooden Nickels: Where’s that ‘respectable’ Democratic candidate?
- Bo Statham: State can’t rely on just gaming for tax money
- Letters to the editor for Sunday, March 9, 2014
- Scene in Passing: Money talks; eyeball-to-eyeball counts