I remember when I was 6 years-old I would sit under a tree in my grandma’s front yard wondering what the world would be like when I got older. I’ll turn 56 on Sunday, and while that doesn’t even qualify as middle age here in Florida, it certainly qualifies as older than the 6 year-old sitting under that tree contemplating the future. To be honest I really don’t remember exactly what I imagined the world would be like in 50 years, but I can promise you it wasn’t this. First of all, I was six so I probably didn’t even …
My once and future world
Trending in: Opinion
- Guy W. Farmer: Some ambassadors aren’t worthy of their important duty
- Bo Statham: State can’t rely on just gaming for tax money
- Silver Dollars and Wooden Nickels: Where’s that ‘respectable’ Democratic candidate?
- Letters to the editor for Sunday, March 9, 2014
- Letters to the editor for Saturday, March 8, 2014