Uniforms make youths part of something big Uniforms are an inexpensive way for school districts to begin revitalizing their primary directive: to educate. Uniforms would also eliminate “class distinction” and even cover the “colors” of gang members. I read the students’ petition and how they see that, “As individuals and near adults within the high school setting, it is vital that we learn to express ourselves through creative and appropriate means in order to better prepare ourselves for future success.” There are many ways to express one’s individualism, and mimicking celebrities’ stage attire isn’t one of them. “Smart” is premium …
Letters to the editor for Saturday, March 30
Trending in: Opinion
- Guy W. Farmer: Some ambassadors aren’t worthy of their important duty
- Silver Dollars and Wooden Nickels: Where’s that ‘respectable’ Democratic candidate?
- Bo Statham: State can’t rely on just gaming for tax money
- Letters to the editor for Sunday, March 9, 2014
- Scene in Passing: Money talks; eyeball-to-eyeball counts