The man charged with the murder of a Carson City mother pleaded not guilty Tuesday morning in district court. Leonardo Cardoza, 27, is charged with the open murder of 19-year-old Desiree Bragg with a deadly weapon and the attempted murder with a deadly weapon of her fiance, Steven Castro. Cardoza pleaded not guilty to both counts. Judge James Wilson set the trial for Aug. 19-30, excluding Tuesdays. The trial is expected to last five to seven days, with the selection of the jury expected to take a little longer than usual. Open murder means the jury will have to decide, …
Carson City man pleads not guilty to open murder of Carson mother Desiree Bragg
Trending in: Opinion
- Guy W. Farmer: Some ambassadors aren’t worthy of their important duty
- Bo Statham: State can’t rely on just gaming for tax money
- Silver Dollars and Wooden Nickels: Where’s that ‘respectable’ Democratic candidate?
- Letters to the editor for Saturday, March 8, 2014
- Letters to the editor for Sunday, March 9, 2014