While not part of the initial plan, district officials will use remaining funds from the 2010 Rollover Bond to construct single-point entry ways at every school in an effort to make them more secure. “In 2008 and 2009 when we were planning for the bond, single points of entry were not a super high priority, even though security was,” explained Keith Shaffer, operations director for the Carson City School District. “Because of recent events in the rest of the country — the shooting at Sandy Hook Elementary — we have taken a second look at that master plan.” As schools …
Funds from 2010 Rollover Bond will go to creating secure entrances at schools
Trending in: Opinion
- Guy W. Farmer: Some ambassadors aren’t worthy of their important duty
- Silver Dollars and Wooden Nickels: Where’s that ‘respectable’ Democratic candidate?
- Bo Statham: State can’t rely on just gaming for tax money
- Letters to the editor for Sunday, March 9, 2014
- Scene in Passing: Money talks; eyeball-to-eyeball counts