All winter I kept waiting for the weatherman’s promise of snow. I’m one of those people who just wants at least one really nice snowstorm to complete the winter, and I’ve been waiting for two years and it hasn’t happened. One nice snow day for the kids and the kids in us grown-ups is all I ask. You know, that kind of day when God tells everybody to slow down because he’s sending down a soft, white blanket to cover the cracks and the imperfections we humans are so good at creating. I love walking outside and looking skyward as …
The promise of spring
Trending in: Opinion
- Bo Statham: State can’t rely on just gaming for tax money
- Letters to the editor for Saturday, March 8, 2014
- Chuck Muth: School’s story blows union’s claims to bits
- Letters to the editor for Friday, March 7, 2014
- Can Obama handle a foreign crisis?