A Carson City woman pleaded guilty in district court Tuesday morning to embezzling nearly $250,000 from a local business. Barbara Jean Larson, 56, told the judge she embezzled $246,800 over a period of years as the business manager for CINC Industries, which creates centrifuges. Larson also pleaded guilty to repayment of benefits received as result of false statement or failure to disclose material fact after she obtained $924 of unemployment benefits unfairly. Larson told investigators at the time that she had a gambling problem and was responsible for taking care of her 87-year-old mother and grandchildren. Larson could face up …
Carson City woman pleads guilty to embezzling $250,000 from business
Trending in: Opinion
- Guy W. Farmer: Some ambassadors aren’t worthy of their important duty
- Silver Dollars and Wooden Nickels: Where’s that ‘respectable’ Democratic candidate?
- Letters to the editor for Sunday, March 9, 2014
- Bo Statham: State can’t rely on just gaming for tax money
- Brian Sandford: Got a breaking-news tip? Here’s how to share it