INTELLIGENT, BUT SO IGNORANT Editor: When I read Chuck Muth’s column in the April 10 LVN, I wondered how someone who appears to be reasonably intelligent could be so ignorant of some very basic facts. Mr. Muth makes fun of the idea of solar and wind energy because, he says, this type of energy is unreliable because it can’t be stored. He says it’s useless if the sun isn’t shining or if the wind isn’t blowing. Even a few minutes of research would have shown him that there are several ways to store solar and wind energy, so it is …
VOICE OF THE COMMUNITY
Trending in: Opinion
- Silver Dollars and Wooden Nickels: Where’s that ‘respectable’ Democratic candidate?
- Guy W. Farmer: Some ambassadors aren’t worthy of their important duty
- Letters to the editor for Sunday, March 9, 2014
- Bo Statham: State can’t rely on just gaming for tax money
- Scene in Passing: Money talks; eyeball-to-eyeball counts