This year’s annual Tea Party at Millennium Park tackled a host of topics ranging from the hot issue of gun control to background checks to the federal government’s administration of public lands in Nevada. More than 100 people attended the afternoon rally that coincides with the April 15 deadline for income tax filing. District Attorney Art Mallory began the rally with an overview of historical events and how they relate to protection. He said based on the provisions of the Magna Carta, for example, every English household was entitled to have at least a weapon. Moving ahead hundreds of years …
Tea Party rally centers on numerous issues
Trending in: Opinion
- Silver Dollars and Wooden Nickels: Where’s that ‘respectable’ Democratic candidate?
- Guy W. Farmer: Some ambassadors aren’t worthy of their important duty
- Letters to the editor for Sunday, March 9, 2014
- Bo Statham: State can’t rely on just gaming for tax money
- Scene in Passing: Money talks; eyeball-to-eyeball counts