During the past few months, several people have asked me about the function of a tutor. The short answer is that a tutor assesses a student’s needs and tailors a plan for that student. Often, as a tutor, I saw improved communication and progress in many if not all members of a family. Success is catchy; when parents observe a change in attitude in their child and improvement, stress is relieved and everyone is happier. As a teacher and tutor I taught many people from 5 to 50 years old; some came from different countries. Some were public school students …
Ann Bednarski: What does a tutor do? Improve students’ lives
Trending in: Opinion
- Guy W. Farmer: Some ambassadors aren’t worthy of their important duty
- Bo Statham: State can’t rely on just gaming for tax money
- Silver Dollars and Wooden Nickels: Where’s that ‘respectable’ Democratic candidate?
- Letters to the editor for Sunday, March 9, 2014
- Brian Sandford: Got a breaking-news tip? Here’s how to share it