LAS VEGAS — The mother of a 30-year-old Reno pilot whose small plane went missing after departing from North Las Vegas said she’s hardly been sleeping in the three days since her son and his 21-year-old girlfriend disappeared. Kay Lynn Marble said her son, Cory Marble, is an Eagle Scout and veteran pilot with survival skills, but the snow-covered hills of rural Lyon County have been experiencing overnight lows below freezing. “I’m concerned about my son being out in the elements,” she told The Associated Press on Wednesday, as rescuers from the Washoe County Sheriff’s Office, the Civil Air Patrol, …
Overdue pilot’s mother: Girlfriend also on board
Trending in: Opinion
- Bo Statham: State can’t rely on just gaming for tax money
- Letters to the editor for Saturday, March 8, 2014
- Silver Dollars and Wooden Nickels: Where’s that ‘respectable’ Democratic candidate?
- Cheers & Kudos: Thanks to businesses from Fremont school
- Cheers & Kudos: Thanks for offering foreign film weekend