The main room in the Carson City Communications Center, also simply known as dispatch, looked like something on a tropical island: six boutiques of flowers, five parrots hanging from the ceiling, three skeleton pirates brandishing swords, two (two-dimensional) barrels of rum and a single package of chocolate-dipped fruit, freshly delivered by the United Postal Service. The parrots and pirates? To lighten the mood. The flowers and fruit? Gifts from all across the city, thanking the dispatchers for their hard work. Today marks the end of Dispatcher Appreciation Week, which began Monday. “It’s a nice week because you feel so appreciated,” …
Rarely in spotlight, Carson City dispatchers shown some love
Trending in: Opinion
- Guy W. Farmer: Some ambassadors aren’t worthy of their important duty
- Silver Dollars and Wooden Nickels: Where’s that ‘respectable’ Democratic candidate?
- Bo Statham: State can’t rely on just gaming for tax money
- Letters to the editor for Sunday, March 9, 2014
- Scene in Passing: Money talks; eyeball-to-eyeball counts