Two people were found dead along with a missing aircraft on Thursday afternoon near Bald Mountain in the Pine Nuts northeast of Double Spring Flat. Douglas County Sheriff’s spokesman Sgt. Pat Brooks said identification of the aircraft’s occupants was pending notification of next of kin. The crash site was located at 2:20 p.m. Brooks said Douglas Search & Rescue personnel have examined the wreckage. As of Thursday afternoon, the sheriff’s office was in the process of recovering the bodies and securing the scene. The single engine Cessna 128 left North Las Vegas Airport at 6 p.m. Sunday, according to The …
Missing-plane wreckage found in Pine Nut range
Trending in: Opinion
- Guy W. Farmer: Some ambassadors aren’t worthy of their important duty
- Silver Dollars and Wooden Nickels: Where’s that ‘respectable’ Democratic candidate?
- Bo Statham: State can’t rely on just gaming for tax money
- Letters to the editor for Sunday, March 9, 2014
- Scene in Passing: Money talks; eyeball-to-eyeball counts