Mary Fischer and GROW received kudos in a Friday ceremony, with Pony Express freeway art serving as a backdrop near the 3700 block of Northgate Lane in Carson City. The praise came at a ceremony to celebrate art along the freeway bypass that Fischer and GROW conceived, cajoled government officials to back, and shepherded over years of stewardship into reality while work on the freeway progressed. Fischer also received a small statue replica of the American eagle art next to the freeway on Carson City’s north side, as well as a picture of an outdoor bench and plaque to commemorate …
Fischer, GROW get kudos for freeway art drive
Trending in: Opinion
- Bo Statham: State can’t rely on just gaming for tax money
- Letters to the editor for Saturday, March 8, 2014
- Cheers & Kudos: Thanks to businesses from Fremont school
- Cheers & Kudos: Thanks for offering foreign film weekend
- Silver Dollars and Wooden Nickels: Where’s that ‘respectable’ Democratic candidate?